Have you ever wondered how you started this all-difficult property development business in 2020?
I recently saw a trend among budding developers, they were looking for an overview and reference of the property business development process and they wanted it in a simple and accessible way. Millennials Way.
This may be partly because much of the property market around Indonesia is flat or falling and these real estate investors are looking for ways to generate capital growth at a time when general growth is slower or non-existent.
That’s why I’ve created a comprehensive guide covering the basics of today’s property development.
Why You Should Be A Property Business Developer?
Start With Who
- Real estate agents – but remember that their job is really just to sell you the property, they really can’t even give you proper advice on property “development” – it’s up to you and your team to decide.
- Financial strategists provide you with development finance – this is very different from investment financing
- Accountant – to help you set the right ownership structure
- Lawyer – to help with all contracts
- City planner and city designer
- Architect, designer or draftsman
- Engineers – civil, structural, traffic, acoustic, environmental specialists
- Landscape architect
- Building contractors
- Project marketing specialist
- Development manager
- Project manager
- Construction manager
- Quantity Surveyor
- Property Strategist – This is perhaps your most important point of contact. The Property Strategist’s role is to assist property developers research, find and negotiate property purchases; maximize investment returns through property investment management, and understand financial mazes. A great place to start is with Metropole Property Strategists – where an experienced team can offer a more structured and predictable approach to property development.